East Carolina’s Clark-LeClair Stadium was among 16 regional sites announced by the Division I Baseball Committee on Sunday as the NCAA began gearing up the logistics for the championship playoffs that will culminate with the College World Series in Omaha, NE.
The selection marked the fourth straight season and the fifth time since the construction of Clark-LeClair Stadium in 2004-05 that ECU has been named a regional host. The facility first hosted a regional in 2009 and has hosted a regional each season since 2018 with the exception of the pandemic-truncated season of 2020.
The Greenville Regional will get underway on Friday, June 3, with a pair of games. The other three teams who will make up the bracket will be announced on Monday at 12 noon on ESPNU as part of the release of the entire field of 64 that will compete for the NCAA Baseball Championship.
Tickets for the Greenville Regional can be purchased by Pirate Club members and season ticket holders only through the ECU Athletics Ticket Office via ECUPirates.com.
The Pirates won the American Athletic Conference regular season title and swept to the championship of the AAC Tournament.
The sixteen regional sites, host schools and records as announced on Sunday:
- Auburn, Alabama – Auburn (37-19)
- Austin, Texas – Texas (42-19)
- Blacksburg, Virginia – Virginia Tech (41-12)
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (38-19)
- College Park, Maryland – Maryland (45-12)
- College Station, Texas – Texas A&M (37-18)
- Coral Gables, Florida – Miami (FL) (39-18)
- Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon State (44-14) *through games of 5/28
- Gainesville, Florida – Florida (39-22)
- Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (42-18)
- Hattiesburg, Mississippi – Southern Mississippi (43-16)
- Knoxville, Tennessee – Tennessee (53-7)
- Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (38-18-1)
- Stanford, California – Stanford (40-14) *through games of 5/28
- Statesboro, Georgia – Georgia Southern (40-18)
- Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma State (39-20)