Baseball News: Greenville Regional – Pirates top Maryland for regional title …ECU senior Bridges on NCAA tourney: ‘We’re not done’ … Vanderbilt hammers a grand slam in the 11th to send Georgia Tech packing. …The Gainesville Regional suspended games until Monday due to inclement weather…NC State defied the odds, advanced to an NCAA baseball super regional in slugfest …Old Dominion whiffs 24 times in NCAA regional loss to Virginia, setting up all-or-nothing game Monday…He’s outta there: Falcons trade Julio Jones to Titans
Pirate Press: ECU Headlines
East Carolina Claims Greenville Regional Title ecupirates.com
- ECU sweeps Greenville Regional, advances to sixth Super Regional
- LIVE UPDATES: ECU 9, Maryland 6 (FINAL)
Greenville Daily Reflector (sub req’d)
- Adrenaline carries Worrell and Pirates into championship game
- WATCH: Pirates celebrate their 6th regional title
- ECU senior Bridges on NCAA tourney: ‘We’re not done’
ECU earns spot in Super Regionals with 9-6 win over Maryland Raleigh News & Observer
Around the American Athletic Conference
East Carolina Advances to Super Regionals American Athletic Conference
- UCF Football Facilities Hold Advantage Over Many Football Programs
- Michai Hill Ready to Visit UCF Football
Regional Headlines: The Carolinas and beyond
NCAA Tournament Regionals Results At A Glance Baseball America
- Live coverage of the 2021 Men’s College World Series
- Click or tap here to see the updated interactive bracket.
- Vanderbilt hammers a grand slam in the 11th to send Georgia Tech packing.
- Notre Dame clinches the tournament’s first super regional berth.
- Oregon State won via a walk-off to force another game with DBU in the Fort Worth Regional.
- Virginia’s relief pitcher Brandon Neeck records 16 strikeouts in 5.2 innings against Old Dominion.
- Nebraska takes down No. 1 Arkansas, giving the Razorbacks their first loss of the tournament.
- No. 2 Texas handles Fairfield to cruise to super regionals.
- Tennessee advances to its first super regional since 2005.
How NC State defied the odds, advanced to an NCAA baseball super regional in slugfest Raleigh News & Observer
7 advance in NCAA baseball; No. 1 Hogs to face Huskers again Houston Chronicle
- Regional Weekend: Etheridge’s Running Diary
- South Bend: Notre Dame Caps Off Herculean Weekend
- Gainesville: South Alabama Sends Miami Packing
- Nashville: Vandy Edges Georgia Tech, Sycamores Survive
- Tucson: Irvin’s Gem Has Arizona Sitting Pretty; OK State Stays Alive
Vanderbilt advances to super regionals with marathon win over Georgia Tech Nashville Tennessean
Tech eliminated from NCAA baseball tournament in extra innings Atlanta Journal Constitution
Charlotte baseball falls in NCAA regional elimination game Charlotte Observer
Old Dominion whiffs 24 times in NCAA regional loss to Virginia, setting up all-or-nothing game Monday Hampton Roads Daily Press
Gamecocks’ offense again sputters as season ends in NCAA Regionals Charleston Post Courier
Columbia The State
- ‘We just strike out too much.’ How the decline of USC offense led to early NCAA exit
- Over and out: Virginia eliminates South Carolina from NCAA tournament
The Associated Press
- AP Sportlight
- Marshall AD Mike Hamrick moving into new role at school
- Northwestern hires NCAA executive Derrick Gragg as AD
- Duke’s Scheyer ‘not afraid’ of test as Coach K’s successor
- Appeals court upholds guilty verdicts in NCAA bribes case
- Former Louisville assistant gets plea deal in extortion case