With the 2017 college football season only three months away, East Carolina fans can start mapping out the details of their plans for attending games in person or viewing them on television.
The American Athletic Conference on Tuesday announced kickoff times and TV originators for a number of games, including ECU’s first three contests.
The Pirates’ season opener with defending FCS national champion James Madison will kick off at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 2, and will be live-streamed by ESPN3.
ECU will travel to Big 12 country to take on West Virginia on Saturday, Sept. 9, at noon in front of the Fox Sports 2 cameras.
Virginia Tech of the Atlantic Coast Conference will be the guest when the Pirates return home on Saturday, Sept. 16, for a 3:30 p.m. matchup that will be televised by the CBS Sports Network.
The scheduling details were included in an AAC news release that provided kickoff times and TV designations for more than 40 games involving league teams, including a number of key early season contests:
- South Florida will launch the AAC’s season at San Jose State on Saturday, Aug. 26, at 7:30 p.m. (CBS Sports Network).
- Cincinnati will challenge Michigan in Ann Arbor on Saturday, Sept. 9, at noon (ABC or ESPN).
- Houston faces Arizona on the road on Saturday, Sept. 9. The contest will be aired at 10:30 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU).
- USF will entertain Illinois on Friday, Sept. 15, at 7 p.m. (ESPN).
- Memphis will host UCLA at noon on Saturday, Sept. 16. (ABC or ESPN2).
The kickoff times and TV partners for the remaining slate of ECU and AAC games will be announced as telecast schedules for other conferences are finalized. The details for many of the contests will likely be released within 12-day window selections during the season.
View ECU’s 2017 Football Schedule
Leave a Reply