Staying home for the holidays is presenting some distinct opportunities for East Carolina football coach Montgomery and staff as they court the Pirates of the future.
ECU would prefer to be bowling, but the absence of time demands associated with preparations and hoopla surrounding a postseason invitation has freed up Coach Mo and Company to focus heavily on attracting fresh talent with an eye to future conference championship runs and bowl bids.
The results have been promising in the first half of December as the Pirates have landed a number of accomplished players with the potential to make a difference as early as next season.
Among this month’s haul of talents:
- Copiah-Lincoln (MS) Community College DE Tyree Owens*
- Deerfield Beach (FL) High School WR Leroy Henley
- Altamonte Springs (FL) Lake Brantley High School RB Trace Christian
- Northwest Mississippi Community College LB Cannon Gibbs*
- Georgia Military Academy CB Marcus Holton*
- Itawamba (MS) Community College OL Dqmarcus Shaw*
- Houston (TX) Benjamin Davis High School LB Bruce Bivens
- Southwest Mississippi Community College TE Eric Weber*
Note: Asterisks(*) denote December juco signees. High school players are verbal commitments and can’t sign until Signing Day in February.
Click the link below to view thumbnail sketches for these recruits and others that have pledged to join ECU’s recruiting class of 2017.